Semantria's API keys are not limiting or linked to a specific PC. This means, the user can use the their Semantria Excel Add-in keys in multiple Excel Add-ins. All configuration settings will be synchronized. However, projects will remain on the PC in which they were created and are not synchronized.
Can the Add-in be installed for a multi-user environment?
There is an option available during the installation that asks whether to install for "Everyone" or "Just me". If the add-in is installed as “Just me”, only a specific user will be able to access the Semantria Excel add-in.
To make the add-in available for every user, go to the Control Panel, select the add/remove programs window and uninstall the add-in. Then simply install it again and make sure that the "Everyone" option is selected.
The Semantria installer will not run.
This may be the result of the following:
1. You are trying to install the wrong version of the add-in for your Excel version. For example, if you are trying to install the Office 2007 version of the add-in when you are using an Office 2010 version, you will receive the following message. Be sure to install the correct version of the Semantria Add-in.
2. If you try to run the 32-bit version of the add-in on a 64-bit OS and vice vera, you will receive one of the following messages. Be sure to install the correct version of the Semantria Add-in for your OS version.
Installer isn’t capable to find one of required components to install Excel add-in.
Usually the Semantria Excel Add-in is capable of downloading and installing all components automatically. However, if for some reason it does not, the list of required components are the following:
- The Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 is a "MUST HAVE" component for any add-in, independent of the OS or Office version. It can be downloaded via: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21
For Office 2007, which is 32-bit only, the mandatory components are:
- Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2007. Download via: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18346
- Visual Studio Tools for Office 2007. Download via: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23656
For Office 2010, regardless of the OS or Office versions, the mandatory components are:
- Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2010. Download via: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3508
- Visual Studio Tools for Office 2010. Download via: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35594
Login doesn’t take my API keys:
- Make sure you enter the correct credentials and didn’t copy extra spaces.
- Check if you are working behind a firewall. If you are, you need to allow Semantria access in order for your API keys to work by adding an exception rule for the path "*semantria.com".
Installer doesn’t work on my Mac.
Unfortunately, our Semantria Excel add-in doesn’t work on Apple’s platform. The Excel add-in uses specific elements of Microsoft office that are only available on Windows’ platform. For a work around solution visit, Excel Add-in for a Mac.
How do I install Semantria Excel add-in for Windows XP/ME/2000/98/95?
Semantria Excel add-in only works on XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How do I install Semantria Excel add-in on Office 2003/2000/98?
Semantria Excel add-in only works on Office 2007, Office 2010, and Office 2013.