If your original dataset has unique IDs, you can feed those into Semantria by running the “Advanced” analysis when clicking on the “Start Analysis” button in the Excel Add-in ribbon. Otherwise, you can establish a unique ID of up to 36 alphanumeric characters for each row. This way Semantria links your unique IDs to the output and you can easily reconcile those to the original dataset using the VLOOKUP function in excel.
*** Note: Ensure all unique IDs in the original input do not have empty Source Data fields. If unique IDs do not contain source text Semantria’s output IDs will not match the original source data IDs.
After you have created unique IDs, here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Select “Manage Analyses and Reports"
- Select "New" located in the left pane.
- Select "DETAILED analysis for each document"
- Select the unique IDs column that corresponds to the data in the “Optional ID” box
- Select the “Select source text” that corresponds to the unique IDs.For our sample dataset, the above steps are referred to the window below:
- Press "Analyze"
- Wait for analysis to complete
- Double-click on the project name once all documents have been returned.
- Use VLOOKUP to reconcile output to original dataset, if required