The list of concise values by part of speech 'type' include:
- All – Return whole text marked with POS tags.
- Noun - Common, plural, proper, possessive, personal nouns, pronouns.
- Verb - Modal, base, future, past verbs.
- Adjective - Comparative, superlative and regular adjectives, adverbs.
- Determiner - Determiners, predetermines.
- Misc - Data/time, foreign words, coordinating conjunction, etc.
- Twitter - URLs, emails mentions, hash tags, smiles, etc.
The table below provides a complete list of supported tags and their meanings:
(To enable POS tagging for API users visit our developer's portal)
|NNS||Plural common noun|
|NNPS||Plural proper noun|
|PRP$||Possessive pronoun (his, her, my)|
|PRP||Personal pronoun (I, he, she, him, her)|
|WP||Wh- pronoun (what, which, who, whom)|
|WP$||Wh- possessive pronoun (whose)|
|MD||Modal verb (can, could, may, must)|
|VB||Base verb (take)|
|VBC||Future tense, conditional|
|VBD||Past tense (took)|
|VBG||Gerund, present participle (taking)|
|VBN||Past Participle (taken)|
|VBP||Present tense (take)|
|VBZ||Present 3rd person singular (takes)|
Adjective / Adverb
|WRB||Wh- Adverb (how, where, why)|
|DT||Determiner (a, the, an…)|
|PDT||Predeterminer (all, both…)|
|WDT||Wh- determiner (which)|
|NNPOS||Words that should be possessives, but are missing a comma|
|UR||Words that are actually several words at a once|
|! ! !||Multiple Exclamation Marks or Questions Marks|
|. . .||Ellipsis|